Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Today's whine

First, I'm going to vent about Blogger. After posting my blog, I like to randomly read other people's blogs. I hit the "next blog" button at the top of the page. I get to see 3 other blogs. The 4th click is always some type of sex thing with no "next blog" button. Why is that? I don't really want to look at naked women. I just don't understand why this happens.

Next, I'm going to vent about Freecycle. I just don't understand some people on Freecycle. Why post a wanted ad if you don't really want it? A person posted they desparately needed moving boxes ASAP. I email them I have nice, good sized, professional moving boxes. Well, first it takes them like 2 days to get back to me. She says she will p/u the next day between 12 & 2:30. Not the best time for me b/c that is when E takes his nap, but if it will get these boxes out of my house, that is fine. I really wanted to take a nap, but didn't since this person was coming over. Did she show up? No. She called me a couple of hours later, said her dh had to go to the emergency room, could they come the next day. I thank her for calling and say that is fine, I will leave the boxes outside (covered) as we probably wouldn't be home. No show again, and no call. I email her. Nothing. Seriously, at least have the common courtesy to say you're not going to come. So, I posted them on Freecycle the next day, asking someone to come pick them up ASAP, as they were outside and I didn't feel like moving them. Someone emailed and pick them up within an hour. Nice!!

This other lady on Freecycle just really baffles me. She posted a wanted ad looking for natural parenting type item, ie cloth diapers, slings, books, natural fiber clothing, etc. She said she is starting a charity to help people out who are interested in natural parenting, but can't afford some of the items. I think that is great, as I love cloth diapers and would like to see more people using them. I email her that I have CD's, slings, book, mags and clothing. She responds in the positive and we set up a date. No show. She emails, we set up 2nd date. No show. I tell her I am willing to meet up somewhere if the drive is too far. No reply. I wait a few days and email her again. She apologizes and set up another date. No show. Sets up about 2 more dates and no shows on them. She apologizes, says she's not going to be able to get over here, but maybe she'll email me at a later date when things calm down for her. I say I can drop them off at your house. No reply and I just gave up. Maybe I hung in there to long, but if she knew someone who could really use the CD's, I would have loved for them to have them. Oh well. Another lady on Freecycle was looking for slings, so I met up with her yesterday. She has 2 toddlers and is due any day now, so I hope she'll get good use out of them. Happy ending. :)

No comments: